Welcome parents to the 2017-2018 school year. We want to partner with you to help your child achieve at least 95% attendance this school year. That means missing less than eight days the entire school year. All to set them up for reading and school success.
BECAUSE children who attend school every day, on time are more like to become great readers.
BECAUSE reading is taught first thing in the morning.
BECAUSE any school day may be the day your child will make a leap in reading.
BECAUSE good habits that start early build confidence and last a lifetime.
Some fun ideas to help you make weekly perfect attendance a family goal:
Create an “Attendance for Reading Success Checklist” with your children, or use this one:
- Lay out clothes the night before.
- Set a wake-up time.
- Map the best way to school.
- Have a backup plan to your backup plan.
- Introduce your child to classmates. Friendship is a great reason to want to come to school.
- Schedule doctor’s appointments after school or on weekend.
- Make sure there’s time for breakfast and see-you-later hugs.
For more information on the importance of attendance, click the links