Get FREE tips sent to your phone:
Never run out of ideas for teachable moments
Download handouts on helpful tips for:
Find free or affordable childcare and pre-K programs that are right for your family:
Learn more about kindergarten and area schools:
Find a family-focused literacy event near you.
- Download Read by 4th’s calendar of family events
- Come enjoy Words at Play and Storytime with your child at a library near you
Get information about learning and attention issues.
Books, books and more books:
- Free books for your home library
- Add to your collection with borrowed books
- Books babies love
- Books toddlers love
- Books preschoolers love
- Popular book series for 1st and 2nd graders
- Popular book series for 2nd and 3rd graders
- Audiobooks for every age
- Books by reading level
- List of sight words by grade
How to make weekly perfect attendance a family goal »
Find reading-rich programs at After School Activities Partnership »
Find Book Nooks, libraries, & summer camps in your neighborhood on our Reading is Everywhere map »
Watch videos on active reading with:
Learn more about the five basic reading skills:
Learn more about reading milestones:
- Easy-to-use chart to keep track of your child ages 0-5
- Readiness roadmap for school
- Photos and video tutorials
Make the most of your meeting with your child’s teacher.
Worried that your child is not reading at grade level?
- Get a free reading screening from AIM Academy.
- Children in Philadelphia can get a free development assessment by a specialist. Call to schedule your home visit today: