To help children become better readers, Read by 4th launched Reading Captains.
The idea is simple: we know that families turn to their friends and neighbors when looking for information and resources. We are asking Philadelphians to become the go-to early literacy person for their community.
Reading Captains are individuals, over the age of 18, who:
- Understand the importance of reading and are passionate about doing more for families
- Are already connected to families in their neighborhood and around Philly
- Are able to work collaboratively with Read by 4th staff and community partners
- Are Committed to helping your neighbors raise strong readers
- Attend a Reading Captain training to learn about the literacy resources available to families throughout the city.
- Get out there and share what you learned with parents and caregivers in your neighborhood, workplace, grocery store, or even your barber shop.
- Get connected with your regional Reading Captains group to brainstorm ways to better connect families with resources, problem solve and make new friends
Become a Reading Captain Today!
Love Reading Captains? Then share the love! Tell your friends and family about becoming a Reading Captain today!