Shoptalk is a community based summer literacy program that recruits barbers and stylists to become Reading Captains.
What’s a Reading Captain?
- A person over the age of 18, who is committed to sharing literacy resources with parents and caregivers to support their child’s reading
As a Reading Captain, you will:
- Participate in a brief program overview held at your shop to learn about the literacy resources available to families throughout the city
- Share what you learned with parents and caregivers when they visit your shop
In return, you will receive:
- Free resources to share with families (i.e. informational postcards)
- Free incentives to provide to children and families to promote summer reading (including free and discounted tickets to the Blue Cross River Rink)
- Recognition for your business on social media from Power99 and Read by 4th partners – plus – the chance to be recognized on-air by Power99’s Cappuchino
- A window decal advertising your business as a Read by 4th partner
- Official recognition from City Council for your business
Contact Terah Stivers at 215-814-4111 to sign up or complete the form below to become a Reading Captain this summer!