The William Penn Foundation launches a new Informal Learning Initiative to connect cultural institutions, literacy and families in eight Philadelphia communities. This initiative consists of partnerships with 18 nonprofit organizations, one of which is Read by 4th. This initiative advances two of the main goals of Read by 4th, helping families to engage in literacy-building activities with their children and making sure that every community in Philadelphia has access to literacy-rich programming. Read by 4th would like to congratulate the following partnerships that will be supporting these grants:
- Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University with Congreso de Latinos Unidos and ASPIRA Inc.
- The Barnes Foundation with Puentes de Salud – “Puentes a las Artes” or “Bridges to the Arts,” a bilingual art-based program
- Center for Aquatic Sciences at Adventure Aquarium with Indochinese American Counci
- Fairmount Water Works with Mander Recreation Center
- The Franklin Institute with Children’s Village
- Smith Memorial Playground and Playhouse with Parent-Child Home Program, Inc. (PCHP) managed by Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC)
- Samuel S. Fleisher Arts Memorial with Sunrise of Philadelphia
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) with Families Forward Philadelphia and the People’s Emergency Center (PEC)
Click here to read the original article.